928. Peace of heart and the truth of Proverbs 13:12 A “longing fulfilled” after hope has been “deferred.”
929. Today is a wonderful, marvelous, and happy day! First and foremost it is because it is God’s created day, planned before the foundation of the world, January 7, 2013.
930. Eight years ago today Rev. Rastus Salter, our Pastor of 50 years crossed over into Heaven. We love him and thank God for his life and legacy. He gave my son Jeremy his sermon library before he passed away. What a treasure! We miss you Preacher…
931. MORE HAPPY DAY NEWS – Our family just got word that my dad is headed out of our local hospital to a rehab facility! He is on the mend and Lord willing, he will be coming home after this next portion of his journey. Please pray as God brings him to your mind. He faces intensive physical therapy and we will appreciate your prayers.
932. I talked to one of the nursing administrators and she told me that our family had really made a “connection” (JESUS IN US) with one of the doctors who was taking care of my father. This doctor told her that he looked at dad’s test results and thought all was hopeless. Then he looked at us and “purposed in his heart” that it would not happen on his watch. God intervened with His mighty healing power! So thankful we are under God’s watchful eye.
933. Thank you Laura – for your medical expertise and for your kindness. Both qualities make you a fine nurse. And thank you for your comments about my blog. I love you for it. Thank you for being there for us.
934. Medical staff who have tended to my dad the past 36 days, Dr. Lomboy, Dr. Sripathi, Dr. Assad, Dr. Ogunsakin, Dr. Morales, Dr. Patel, Dr. Kahn; nurses Donna, Amber, Lori, Joy, Brian, John, Beverly; respiratory therapist Dendy and so many more that I don’t know your names. But God does – and I’m asking Him to bless you!
935. A Saturday where I was graced to see all four of my grandchildren…the younger two in the morning and the older two in the evening.
937. Next is Madie in the tub surrounded by bubbles…I even painted her nails a lovely purple polish, a first for this “mom of boys!” She loved it and so did I. God has graced me with sweet granddaughters.
939. And the youngest, this little precious grandgirl is as sweet as sugar. She is SO good and content and we are absolutely smitten with Miss Emery Caroline…940. Sunday afternoon naps. I’ve missed them. Had one yesterday. It was so nice.
941. Jackson is amazing with an iPad. He can use it better than most adults and I am not kidding. He loves the song “Where I Belong” by Building 429. Love to hear him sing it. Love that he is being raised by parents that BELIEVE “take this world and give me Jesus…”
942. Zeke “preached” the story of Daniel in the Lion’s Den the other night to our family. He didn’t miss a lick. He is serious about it too, and he got it right – great perception for a four year old. Thankful that he is being raised by parents that believe in the God who “shuts the lions’ mouths!”
943. Elisabeth Elliot – Faith is not an instinct. It certainly is not a feeling – feelings don’t help much when you’re in the lions’ den or hanging on a wooden Cross. Faith is not inferred from the happy way things work. It is an act of will, a choice, based on the unbreakable Word of a God who cannot lie, and who showed us what love and obedience and sacrifice mean, in the person of Jesus Christ.
947. And may we never forget the truth of this passage of scripture from Philippians 4:13. My friend Patsy Randall took this picture in a little country church she visited recently. In all we’ve been through as a family the past 5 weeks, I can testify that Christ in us gives us the strength and grace to bear up…in all things.
948. And all things means “ALL THINGS.” Romans 8:28 says, And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. ALL THINGS means ALL THINGS. Embrace that glorious truth – no matter what your “ALL THINGS” happens to be.
Love & Blessings,